Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday Sewing with Mema

I had my three older granddaughter's, Meggan, Olivia and Madison over yesterday to sew. We had three hours planned out which was just enough time for them to make their Halloween Trick or Treat Bags. This was the first time sewing for Olivia. Meggan has sewn a little and Madison has had a few classes with hand sewing.

Prior to them coming, I had them pick out their own fabric, one for the outside of the bag and one for the inside. I put together a sewing box for each of them filled with notions, scissors, threads, ruler, note pad and pencils, etc. they were so excited.

They did all the sewing as directed, I was lucky to have my daughter-in-law, Erin, who stayed and helped with some of the cutting and ironing. They had a fun time for sure and their bags turned out great.












They all wanted me to send them home with Homework. So I put together a little project making easy blocks so they could get some practice on their machines and sewing the 1/4 inch seams.

Later in the evening, I went to stay with Meggan and Olivia as my daughter and her husband were going out. Olivia had already started her Homework and was doing a fine job on her own.

It was a little later when we all settle down and were sitting on the sofa watching the baseball game, Angels vs Yankee's, Olivia looked up at me and asked, "Mema, is sewing just your most favorite thing to do?". I looked over at her smiled and said, "no Olivia, my most favorite thing to do is spend time with my grand kids".
..... And she just smiled back.

It was a fun day girls.
I love you!

Mema

5 comments:

  1. Pam you are creating some beautiful moments there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, this is absolutely wonderful! What lucky kids and grandkids you have! Love always, Natalie in Pittsburgh...xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky mema and lucky girls! What a great memory for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you had. Those girls will remember that the rest of their lives. They are lucky girls to have you as their Mema.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, Madison said that was the best day ever! When we got home she went right to Homework!!What a great memory she will always have!
    She is so proud of her Trick or Treat Bag!
    And the sewing must be in the genes :)!!
    Much Love to one great Teacher, Sewer/Quilter and most of all Mema!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.