Monday, August 31, 2009

My first quilt


So this is it, my very first quilt. I went on a quilting retreat with a friend back in 1996. It was at Eagle Crest Quilters Retreat in Big Bear, CA. Not sure why I didn't stop quilting at that moment, this was a very difficult pattern and I'm thinking not for a beginner for sure. It took me a long time to actually finish and get it quilted.
I named the quilt Welcome to the USA and gave it to my husband, Carlos. He is from Peru, came to the US in the 60's and became a US Citizen in the 80's.
In 2007 my guild, QBS, had an entry for "First Quilt" at their quilt show. I entered and took first place.
Yeah for me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! Great job and wonderful first quilt. I'm going to add you to "Places to Visit" on my Blog.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin..I'll look for "Places to Visit" on your blog. I have Google Reader too and have added you to that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.