Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May's Completion

First Hand Quilting Project
  So it's only May 22 but the rest of the month will be kinda busy for us with the Memorial Holiday and family activities.....so thought I would go ahead and post May's Completion.

As posted in the last post, I did get my ten pillow cases turned in for charity.  YEAH!!!

My Hand-work for May was this hand-quilted little table topper.  This was my first attempt at hand quilting and loved the process.

Sitting proud!
I was so lucky to find Marie Blash as my first teacher, I learned so much from her and give her a HUGE THANKS.

Not sure you can see the quilting, but what you would see are small stitches, BIG stitches, uneven stitches, stitches in the ditch, stitches from a floral stencil, and stitches you may not even see because I didn't come all the way though with my needle.....so overall, a GREAT first learning project. 
Back

I had a great time with this project and so, even though it's not the best hand quilting one would see, it does sit proudly in my entry way.

Warm Hugs,
Pam O





3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Pam. I am making a life-long project out of my hand-quilting project from Marie's class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Pam. Do you have a "next" hand quilting project picked out? I worked on mine again last night but I still have quite a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.