Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Line-up for May


OK, this is the Line-up for May.  

Back in the Fall of 2009, the Temecula Quilt Co. featured a quilt in "Quilt Sampler Magazine" called Back to School.  I bought the kit and just now going to attempt this,  I know it will take me way more than a month to complete but going to give it an active start.

Using Reproduction prints, I will learn to make more than half a dozen different blocks of small patterns. Not the best picture there in the background, will post a better picture of the completed project.

On-going for May.
This year I have been donating children's pillowcases to one of the guilds I belong to, my plan is to get 10 more done by the meeting on May 8.  This works pretty well for me,  at the beginning to the year, I took all (well most) of the children's fabric out of my stash and cutout over 50 pillowcases, that way, when I just have an hour or so to sew, I can put one of these together pretty quickly.

Handwork for May.
For the past few months now, I have been taking a class from Marie Blash on Hand Quilting.   I have 3 more corners and the binding to do on my first project and I'll be ready at that time to post a picture.  Love the process!

Busy month ahead, better get to sewing.
Warm Hugs,
Pam O.

1 comment:

  1. You Rock! I can't believe how far you have gotten on your hand quilting project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.