Monday, April 15, 2013

Flowers in Paris

Not sure how to get started in all this again, so guess I'll just start writing.

A friend of mine came up to me the other day and said, "do you know it has been one year that you have posted anything on your blog".  Actually, I didn't realize it had been so long or that anyone was paying attention.  It has been a trying year with illness in the family....but very happy to say we are on the road to recovery.

It's not that I stopped sewing, I have been working on some UFO's (un-finished objects), some embroidery, and other odds and ends.  I will post pictures at a later date of those finished projects.

Flowers in Paris
Today, I thought I would start posting with this quilt that I just finished this morning.

This was a fun quilt to work on.  The pattern is called French Country designed by Andrea Gillingham & Debra Haigh of Serendipity Designs.  The fabrics I used are American Jane by Moda.

The flowers are raw edge appliqué, set on point, with a pieced inner border and finished with a mitered border.  This may have been my first attempt at a mitered border..had to watch a lot of tutorials on U-Tube.

Anyway, glad it's done.  Must say, not the best picture.
I named it: Flowers in Paris
Pieced by me, Pam O
Machine quilted by: Sue Salinger.

Warm hugs,
Pam O.

4 comments:

  1. Love it Pam. It came out really nice. Glad you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic...well done Pam....always good feeling to get something finished...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great Pam. Is this the fabric you bought at OGQG?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.