Sunday, December 20, 2009

In the World of my Sister's Pottery

This last Thanksgiving my husband and I went out to my sister's home in Topanga Canyon, CA. Of course I have been there many many times, but this time I took some pictures so I could share with you the world of a potter.

Life has been very good to her, she lives in a beautiful home in the canyon. This picture is taken on the walkway from the main house down to the studio where she does her work.

These next two pictures show some of the pieces she is working on, displayed so beautiful on wood shelves in the studio. She makes the most amazing dishes, mugs, bowls , vases and whatever else comes into her head. She has a great eye for color, the glazes she uses are brilliant and colors I would love to use in a quilt.











Patti is a wonderful teacher of her craft. Many times when my grand kids comes to visit, she is ready with a project for them to do. The kids absolutely love it...and they get to go home with something they have made. Patti is expecting her first grandson this spring, she will teach him well the craft of pottery.


She a HUGE collector of fine art and pottery. I'll come back later and show you some of her collections, but, this is one of the pieces in her home that I love. I'm not sure who the artist is but they have portrayed my sister so well at her potter's wheel and her wood shelves behind her displaying her work. It's just so her.

I feel Patti is quite modest, at times, when it comes to her work, but no one could be prouder than I am of all that she does. I love and adore everything about her.

I was born lucky, Patti, to have you as my twin sister.

4 comments:

  1. How special to share with us Pam. Do we need to do a field trip? Perhaps purchase some pottery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia Pat is a very good artist like my mom and Mom you are so right the kids LOVE to go to Tia Pat's and do pottery I think that is something they will all remember doing in their childhood, just like sewing lessons with Mema...Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a story. Art must run in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I love this story about Patti! I always knew she would be good at whatever she decided to pursue. Patti with her pottery and you with your beautiful quilting. You two are awesome!
    Please congratulate Patti on her soon to be grandson. As you know, grandkids are PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for you comment, I love that you stopped by to read my Blog.